Sunday, January 14, 2018

All She Never Wanted by Carolyn LaRoche ~ Review by Juls

All She Never WantedAll She Never Wanted by Carolyn LaRoche
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

You know a story has captured you when your crying and your only 4% into it. Evie’s life came to a shattering halt when there was a shooting at the hospital she worked at. That whole scene had me crying my eyes out. My heart broke for Evie. However, that wasn’t the only part I cried on. I think once I started, I couldn’t stop. I had tears in my eyes from beginning to end, on and off. In order for Evie to be able to move on with her life, she decided to leave and start a new job.

Evie is a nurse and was hired to take care of Landon while he is recovering from an accident that placed him in a wheelchair. Landon and Evie’s story reminded me of the book, Me Before You. Although the ending has a H.E.A, the story line was kind of similar. Evie is a spit fire! And exactly what Landon needed to push himself to recovery. Landon is everything Evie didn’t know she wanted, or needed. Their relationship was perfect, and I loved how Landon got so jealous anytime another male looked her way. Even though they weren't quite together, he knew she belonged to him. I liked how they both gave each other their space and didn’t fall into a relationship right away. The pace of their growing relationship was perfect and they were perfect together!

“Amelia used to tell me that when one door closes another one opens. I’ve just been so stubborn, so determined to get back through the closed door, I’ve ignored the open one. You changed that for me. You made me want to walk through the other door.”

I love stories about new beginnings and second chances for love! I believe that there is more than one person that can show you love. I’m so happy that Evie found hers!

-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment