Tuesday, January 23, 2018

The Road To You by Melissa Toppen ~ Review by Juls

The Road to YouThe Road to You by Melissa Toppen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Once again, Melissa Toppen has left me a blubbering mess! As I’m writing this review, I have tears running down my face. I’m pretty sure that every book I’ve read of hers has brought tears to my eyes. Actually, “tears” isn’t the correct word to use. I’d say her books have me ugly crying... full on sobbing! Kamden, Kane and Elara’s story will have you doing the same. So ladies, keep your box of tissues handy, you will definitely be grabbing for them more than once!

As for The Road To You, I must admit, I did have mixed emotions. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed it. It’s just always hard for me when one love story replaces another. Sometimes I feel that the second love story over shadows the first. It sometimes makes me feel that they didn’t love their previous love as much as they say they did. So at first, I was struggling. But as I read on, I did get some closure in believing that Elara’s heart did hold love for both Kamden and Kane. But, for me, my heart loved Kamden. Just everything I read about him had me falling for him. He really was the sweetest thing, and I just wanted so much more of him. Kane was nice to read about as well. I'm pretty sure you can’t go wrong with someone like him! Most important, he was there for Elara when she needed him. They were both there for each other in the end, I’m pretty sure that’s what matters most. The love shared between Kamden, Elara, and Kane, is one that will stay with you forever!

-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment