Thursday, February 19, 2015

Fighting Silence by Aly Martinez: Review by Lys

Fighting Silence (On the Ropes, #1)Fighting Silence by Aly Martinez
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Have I told you how much I LOVE Aly Martinez? If not, I LOVE her! She has once again written a beautiful novel about a character that has left an imprint on my soul. I fell in love with Till Page and YOU will too! Her Wrecked & Ruined series is one of my favorite series, and I have now added Fighting Silence to my list of MUST reads! Aly's writing always has humor, passion, and suspense. The connection created with her characters is always my favorite part of her books. You feel their every emotion as if you were right there with them!

Till Page...I loved this man! He had the biggest heart. With a criminal father and a useless mother, Till carried the weight of the world on his shoulders. More concerned for his two little brothers than himself, Till did everything he could to put food in their bellies and a roof over their heads. Unfortunately, when Till gets devastating news, all of his dreams for the future come crashing down around him. Seeking refuge from an inevitable destiny, Till finds himself face to face with his true salvation, Eliza Reynolds.

"I'd never had anything I could call my own, but Eliza Reynolds would always be mine". ~Till

Despite growing up in a loveless household, Eliza had a heart of gold. She loved with all her soul. When Till Page climbed through the window of an abandoned apartment that Eliza found solace in, she new the moment their eyes locked, that her heart would always belong to him. With a friendship built on trust and respect, their relationship grew into so much more than either one of them could have imagined.

"He was the only thing that I'd ever had that I honestly thought I couldn't live without. Till Page was my soul-mate on every level. ~Eliza

This was such a beautiful, emotional love story. The strength of these characters moved me. Through thick and thin, together, they survived one devastating event after another. I loved the Page boys. Their love and loyalty to each other melted my heart. The tie that bound them all as a family was intricately woven throughout the entire novel. Aly Martinez has knocked it out of the ring with this first book in the On The Ropes series. I can not wait for book 2. I hope it's Flint's story!!!

"With one sentence and two steps, forever began". ~Eliza

♥Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment