Wednesday, February 18, 2015

*** SALE BLITZ *** A LIFE LESS BROKEN by Margaret McHeyzer




Title: A Life Less Broken
Author: Margaret McHeyzer
 Release Date: May 8, 2014


Synopsis


On a day like any other, Allyn Sommers went off to work, not knowing that her life was about to be irrevocably and horrifically altered.

Three years later, Allyn is still a prisoner in her own home held captive by harrowing fear. Broken and damaged, Allyn seeks help from someone that fate brought her.

Dr. Dominic Shriver is a psychiatrist who’s drawn to difficult cases. He must push past his own personal battles to help Allyn fight her monsters and nightmares.

Is Dr. Shriver the answer to her healing?

Can Allyn overcome the broken?


Contains distressing content. Only suitable for 18+. Standalone.










                    Review by Juls

5 Stars!

I fell in love with this heart wrenching story. Allyn has went through a life altering situation. The abuse she received from the hands of 3 guys was so brutal. I can't imagine everything that she went through and having to deal with the insecurities and fears she goes through everyday. I loved how strong Allyn becomes. The strength she has to finally fight for the life she has always wanted was remarkable...

"I want color in my life again. I want to be able to see more than just beige, Dominic. I want my purple back. I want the bright orange for inspiration. I don't want black inside me anymore. I need colors."

I loved Dominic! I loved that he was able to be there for Allyn and help her heal. She is finally able to accept the life she has now. At 23% into the story, I was no longer able to hold my tears in. I was balling when she decides to let go and yell out all her questions and frustrations. In that moment, she was finally breaking down some of her walls, and she took her first big step of going outside. Allyn has many big steps that she makes and every single one brought tears to my eyes.
Dominic and Allyn's relationship was beautiful. They brought each others strength out. Together they helped pull one another out of their darkness. The love that Dominic has for Allyn, is heart warming. The things that he is always saying to her, to show her just how much she meant to him, was so pure.....

"Because your body might be scarred, your soul may be broken, but I see the brilliant light that comes from deep inside you. Don't you see it? It's not about me loving you, but about you loving me. You've brought me back to life, Allyn. You've given me breath when I thought I was never going to find that spark again. And I found it, with you."

Not only did this story bring out every emotion possible, but I was also so stunned when everything comes out towards the end. I seriously did not see that coming. I could not believe how things came out in full circle. Although I did love the way Dominic dealt with the whole situation, I enjoyed the epilogue describing how everything ended. Even though this may be a hard topic for some to read, this was truly a great story. I recommend it to anyone looking for an emotional read, about a broken girl, that turns into a soaring blue jay.

"I was once held captive by fear, only living my life in beige. Now I live with brilliant, vibrant colors, all because I found the courage to open the door."


Links to Buy

ONLY 99c

AMAZON US / UK / AU







Author Bio

**Bound by custom or unique by choice.**

There's something about the written word that's pure magic.


Possibly it's the fact that there are 26 letters in the English alphabet, and they can create something so beautiful or so empowering that they're able to change our lives.

How important is it that we break suit and stretch our minds?

I like to think of myself as 'unique'. My stories aren't for everyone, and sometimes I may push what you believe to be 'normal'.

Normal is subjective.

I prefer to be known as a person who's never been 'bound by custom' but is 'unique by choice'.

Until next time

Mxx







Author Links

Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment