Monday, February 9, 2015

Unexpected Fate by Harper Sloan: Review by Lys

Unexpected Fate (Hope Town, #1)Unexpected Fate by Harper Sloan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cohen Cage! I was so excited to read his story. We all fell in love with this cape wearing, little show stealer in the Corps Security Series, so to have had the opportunity to read an ARC of it's spin-off, Unexpected Fate, was greatly appreciated! I have loved the men of Corps Security, and no one writes alpha male novels better than Harper Sloan. It was fun to reconnect with all these amazing characters...even crazy Sway! Wait until you read about Axel! Over-the-top protective Dad is an understatement!

Dani had loved Cohen as long as she could remember. Even as a little girl, he was all that she saw. She had admired him from afar for many years, but now that he was being deployed into dangerous territory, she couldn't go another minute without letting him know exactly how she felt.

"I've been madly in love with Cohen Cage since I was a little girl - I think I was six when I realized just how much I loved him and he was ten. That childhood crush has grown over the years into something that is so big - so soul consuming - that even I feel like will crush me at times." ~Dani

Cohen Cage had his whole life planned out since he was just a boy. Following in his father's footsteps, he joined the military and was working his way up as a real super hero in a special forces unit. Dedicating his life to discipline and order, Cohen failed to notice what has always been right in front of him; the kind of love that only comes once in a lifetime.

"I fell for you a long time ago, Cohen Cage. I've loved you my whole life." ~Dani

This was such a sweet love story. I really enjoyed seeing Cohen and Dani come together as a couple. The sexual dialogue between them was off the charts! Cohen is a kinky man! He has taken the men of Corps Security to a whole new level! Besides Cohen, I also fell in love with Liam Beckett. As Dani's best friend, he was such a sweetheart. I would love for him to have a book of his own. This book like all the other Corps Security novels before it, have everything you need in a good book. It has a sweet love story, a suspenseful storyline, and some seriously sexy scenes. Not to mention, several hot alpha males!

"When it comes to love, it's always worth the sacrifice. Always". ~Dani

♥ Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment