Monday, February 16, 2015

Ricochet (Rise & Fall, #1) by Jessica Wilde: Review by Lys

Ricochet (Rise & Fall, #1)Ricochet by Jessica Wilde
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was an intense book! Jessica Wilde wrote a non-stop read about abuse, survival, and hope. It was beautifully well written and kept me glued to every page! My emotions were everywhere! I cried, I cringed, I laughed, and I swooned! This was my first Jessica Wilde novel, and I was not disappointed. I am excited to have another author's books to look forward to. Ricochet is one of those books that while you are reading it...you get excited about who the next story will be about because this one is so good, and there are so many amazing characters!

Arianna West was beautiful, young, and naive. Anyone that met Arianna couldn't help but be drawn to her. She had a light within her that shined bright and a smile that could brighten an entire room. The future had looked promising for Arianna until one mistake on her behalf, changed her entire life. Her brother had become distant and the boy that she had loved as long as she could remember, had left without a word. Lost and lonely, Arianna found herself in the arms of the wrong man. A man that would take everything from her and leave her broken in more ways than one.

"I should have been more careful. I should have known he would look for me. I left him without one word, without even seeing him again. I should have prepared." ~Arianna

When Arianna finally ran and accepted help from her brother, she never expected to run into Jack again. After 6 years, her heart still beat for only one man. Despite the hate that she had carried for him after he had left, she could not ignore the way she felt when he was around.

"Just the sight of him took my breath away whether he was happy, angry, sad...he was Jack, and Jack owned my heart." ~Arianna

After years of living in fear, Arianna had never been more afraid than she was now. With everything to lose, she was determined to fight. Fight for her freedom, fight for love, but most importantly...fight for her life.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places." ~Jack

I LOVED this book! I loved the strength that Arianna's character displayed. I love novels with strong heroines. The hot brother, brother's best-friend, and detective didn't hurt either! Jack was definitely swoon worthy, Jake was amazing, and Sean sounds delicious! I would highly recommend this book to fans of Kate McCarthy and romantic suspense reads. I am so excited to read more from Jessica Wilde, and I am counting down the days until Jake's story!!!

♥Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment