Tuesday, February 3, 2015

SINISTER DESIRES : FLAWED by Francette Phal ~ Review by Juls




** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange of an honest review **

  
 5 Stars!


WOW!!!!! I just finished this book and it totally left my head all over the place! I have only read one other book that was similar to this, and I loved this just as much! Is it wrong that I "love" this kind of story?? LOL!! As I sit here and write this review...I'm thinking back to everything that took place in the story. All I could do is just shake my head.

My heart went out to Lacey throughout this story. For just being 18 years old and a senior in high school, she had so much on her plate. From taking care of her mom and cleaning up her brothers' messes, I just wanted her to allow them to deal with their own crap and take care of herself. Her mom didn't care very much for her. Not to mention, her brother is so dang stupid! Ugh... I just wish this poor girl could have caught a break and enjoy being young!

While Lacey was in school, I liked her friend Tyler. I know he cared for Lacey and I just wish she would have let him help her. When something came between them and she's telling him not to throw their friendship away I was....balling!! Tyler is stable and she needs stability...she needs him!! I wish things turned out different for them. Unfortunately, Lacey found what she needs in someone else.....Knox.

Knox...OMG...if I had to think of one word to describe him it would be.....intense! Oh, and alpha...maybe hot...probably crazy. Lol, as you can see there's not just one word for Mr. Knox. He seriously is a little of...everything!

Knox is a serial killer. He kills because it gives him comfort, and he needs a release. He comes from a mafia family and he's in charge of taking care of who ever is next on his list. The things he does to them is insane! I can't go into too much detail without giving anything away, but if you have a sensitive stomach this book may not be for you. Finally, there is one thing that can ease and calm his mind, Lacey!

When Knox comes across Lacey he realizes the affect she has on him. When Lacey agrees to cover her brother's debt, Knox makes her his play toy. When Knox and Lacey are together, the angst that is created is so intense! I loved everything about this story. It brought every emotion out of me. By the end of the story, my heart was pounding out of my chest! I highly recommend this to everyone!


~ Juls


No comments:

Post a Comment