Sunday, February 8, 2015

Obligation (Underground Kings, #2) by Aurora Rose Reynolds: Review by Lys

Obligation (Underground Kings, #2)Obligation by Aurora Rose Reynolds
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Obligation is the second book in the Underground Kings series, but can be read as a standalone as there is little reference to book 1, Assumption. If you have read Assumption, you will remember Kai's cameo appearance towards the end of the book when Kenton request his help in finding the hitman. If you have not read Assumption, I highly recommend you do because it was a great book, although it does not play a significant role in Kai and Myla's story.

Kai fell in love with Myla the moment he first met her when he was 10 years old. Even at such a young age, he knew she was destined to be his. Though many years had past until they met again, Kai's instinct to protect Myla never faltered.

"She was my peace in a world I knew was fucked up beyond most people's understanding." ~Kai

In an effort to protect Myla, her parents sent her off to live with a family where they believed she would be safe. Little did they know, they were leaving her in the hands of a demon. After graduating from high school, Myla ran from the only family she knew in search of a safe haven.

"Since the moment I met Kai, I have felt some kind of strange pull towards him. But as much as he entices me, he scares me." ~Myla

When Myla's life is once again in danger, Kai vows to move heaven and earth to give her the life that she deserves. What he didn't expect, is that his love would be returned, and he would have the life he never believed was possible.

"You saved me," I whisper. "I don't just mean what happened in Seattle. You saved me from myself." ~Myla

I really enjoyed Kai and Myla's story. I have really enjoyed this series thus far. I have loved the characters and storyline of both books. I love the heroes! They are bad-ass, balls-to-the-wall, take-no-prisoners kind of men! Aurora Rose Reynolds did a great job in keeping with the theme of this series and has me hooked! I would definitely recommend this book...this series!

♥ Review by Lys



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment