Monday, October 3, 2016

Broken by Christa Cervone ~ Review by Juls

BrokenBroken by Christa Cervone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


3.5 Stars!

I have to say after reading the blurb, I was super excited to start reading Broken! It sounded like it would be the kind of story that I love to read. You know, the all consuming, heart wrenching, mind blowing stories? Those are my favorite! So when I downloaded it to my kindle, I jumped right in.

Unfortunately, it wasn't everything I was hoping for. Can I say it was good? Yes, all in all, it was a good story, and I did enjoy the ending. But in the beginning, it was hard for me to connect with the characters and really get into the story line. I guess what threw me off was the fact that for the past four years she's been struggling to move on when the love of her life walked out on her. After he left, she went into a deep depression and started drinking and sleeping around, which isn't even my issue. My issue was what happened when he came back. It just didn't seem realistic to me on how quickly things progressed between them. I mean, I get it. I believe in second chances and all that romantic stuff. But how the dialogue was written in the story during that time frame just didn't feel right to me. However, after getting past my issues and being able to read more about them as a couple, I was able to enjoy their relationship. They were cute together and of course they had the playful banter going on so that's always a plus! They definitely had some hot moments as well which I'm sure everyone will appreciate.

So, unfortunately this won't be one of my favorite stories, but it was still entertaining and may be the perfect story for someone else!


-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment