Friday, March 6, 2015

Broken By Lies (Bound & Broken, #1) by Rebecca Shea: Review by Lys

Broken by Lies (Bound and Broken, #1)Broken by Lies by Rebecca Shea
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

NOOO! HOLY SHIT! I am going to vomit! I just finished BROKEN BY LIES by Rebecca Shea and my heart has stopped! She has ruined me once again with her words! Rebecca, we NEEED to talk! I loved her Unbreakable series, but she got me good with this one!

Alex is living the life of luxury...plush condo, expensive cars, and more money than he can spend. What he doesn't have is freedom; freedom from family ties that bind him to a life he never wanted to lead. Living a life filled with drugs, guns, and murder, Alex hopes to one day escape it all. Everything changes when he meets, Emilia. She is the good to his bad. The beauty to all the ugliness. His light to the darkness he can't run from...

"God, she's beautiful. Everything about her is pure - good, and for every moment I'm with her, I want to be a better man, a man she deserves." ~Alex

Life with Alex is not safe. Emilia is already running from her own demons and the lies that have been weaved with deception will break her. Despite Alex's efforts to keep her at arms distance in order to keep her unharmed, he can't find the strength to let her go...even if that means losing her.

"I can't give her more, and she deserves more than the broken dreams, lies, and deceit that I can offer her. My world will hurt her, maybe even destroy her. She is good and I am evil." ~Alex

This book was sooo good! I couldn't stop thinking about it! Even while at work, I was counting down the hours until I could read it again! As always, Rebecca's writing pulls you into her story. I love the different POV's and all the emotions that you feel while you are completely engrossed in the characters. There is sooo much more to this story than I have revealed. Broken By Lies is a MUST read! I LOVED IT!!

♥ Review by Lys



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment