Sunday, March 15, 2015

WHEN I FALL by J. Daniels : Review by Juls

When I Fall (Alabama Summer, #3)When I Fall by J. Daniels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


*** I Love Story Time was given an ARC copy of in exchange of an honest review ***

4 Stars!

"I'm trying real hard not to shake. I'm biting my tongue, but I'm feeling alive and with every breath that I take, I feel like I've won. You're my key to survival. And if it's a hero you want, I can save you. Just stay here. Your whispers are priceless. Your breath, it is dear. So please stay near."

I have been loving this series since book 1! I was so excited to read this story because I really liked Reed after we got to meet him in the previous books. Reed is really sweet and all consuming. Everything he does captures you. Reed has been living life sleeping around and working his family's business. For the last 9 years, he has been dealing with his past and has not actually "kissed" a girl since his ex-girlfriend, Molly. That all changes when Molly comes back into town and they see each other in a his hometown bar. Reed always thought he was over her, but realizes maybe he still has some things to get past. When looking into Molly's eyes, he freezes up! She draws out all the emotions he never knew he still had. He is caught off guard even more when the cute girl he just met, comes to his rescue by forcing him to kiss her, breaking his 9 year streak of no kissing! Now, he can't get that kiss out of his head, and when Beth asks him if it was okay, he gave her more then a one word answer.....

"Going that long without kissing someone, and having it be you, and that mouth, and the way you did it, grabbing me like that and not giving me a choice...you surprised the hell out of me, sweetheart, but I have never been more okay with something in my entire life. The fact that I know you're going to pull that shit again on Saturday has me fighting off an erection every five minutes."

Reed and Beth's relationship starts off as a "pretend" relationship to prove to Molly that he is over her. However, little by little pretending becomes real and lines start to blur. I loved Reed and Beth together! I loved that they are completely different and Beth is opposite from what Reed's "type" usually is. Beth brought the fun and care-free side of Reed out, and Reed was the support that Beth had been missing.

I loved the friendships between all the characters. I like when the previous characters continue to be mentioned throughout the stories in the series, because it gives me a chance to catch up on some of my favorite relationships! One part I loved in this story was the group texting between Beth, Mia, and Tessa! That part in the story made me laugh out loud!! It also reminds me of all the group texting that my sisters and I do! That being said, I was really able to connect with that part of the story. Another thing that J. Daniels did that I loved, was that Beth's character was a die hard reader as well. I loved when she would reference things about books and things that made her excited because they are the same things that excite me!

"They said that they had something really exciting to talk to me about. I have no idea what it could be. I mean, my idea of exciting is getting an Amazon gift card and buying a whole bunch of books. Something tells me that's not what they want to talk to me about."

LOL! THAT...is definitely something the girls from I Love Story Time and I get really excited about!! So yes, there were so many parts in this story that I was able to connect with...including the characters! Like I have mentioned before, I am really enjoying this series, and I am looking forward to reading more from J. Daniels!! Until then, J. Daniels said it best...

"There's always a story waiting to be read. A hero to fall in love with. A heroine to adore."

And I can't wait to see which one will be next!

~Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment