Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Jake Understood by Penelope Ward: Review by Lys

Jake Understood (Jake, #2)Jake Understood by Penelope Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 STARS!

I didn't think that I could have fallen more in love with Jake after reading Jake Undone, but I was wrong because...I DID! This was such a great companion novel, and I am so honored to have received and ARC from Penelope. I have to admit that I am always leery of reading this type of alternate POV novel...for fear of disappointment with it being a repeat of the first. Honestly...I was NOT disappointed at all; this was a PERFECT conclusion to an amazing story!

In Jake Understood, we really get to see and feel the torment that Jake struggled with in the days leading up telling Nina about Ivy. My heart broke all over again for him. It was nice to read about the times when Jake had visited Ivy and be privy to the conversations and experiences that they had with one another. It gave me a better understanding of his true feelings for Ivy and the complexity of their relationship.

There was so much between Jake and Nina that was not in Jake Undone that we get in his POV. The conversations that they shared revealed how strong their connection was. The scenes that we loved in Jake Undone were revealed in a different light through Jake's eyes and man...they were even hotter! I especially LOVED the additional text messages between Jake and Nina that were shared and the opportunity to see what Jake had wanted to write in his origami bats and what he felt he should have written in them, versus what he actually wrote. It was absolutely swoon worthy and heart breaking to know what he was thinking in those moments.

I adored the conversation that Jake had with Cedric when he realized he was in love with Nina. Boys! They, mainly Cedric, was hilarious! The dialogue between them was spot on. I'd imagine that is exactly how two men would have that conversation. It definitely had me laughing out loud! It was also nice to read more into who Ryan was to Nina and how his character played a role in their journey.

The conclusion to Jake and Nina's story was simply beautiful. The additional storyline was everything I had hoped for and more. It stayed true to the essence of Jake and Nina's characters and it solidified how deeply they loved each other. Jake and Nina's story is one that will definitely stay with me. I would highly recommend Jake Understood to those that loved Jake Undone...you can NEVER have enough of sexy, sweet, and naughty Jake Green!

♥ Review by Lys



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment