Sunday, March 1, 2015

The 27 Club by Kim Karr: Review by Lys

The 27 ClubThe 27 Club by Kim Karr
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Atheist believe there's no God; Catholics pray to one. Buddhists believe heaven and hell are temporary places; Christians believe they are eternal. Me, I believe in destiny. I believe what is meant to happen will happen. My destiny is laid out for me in the path of those before me, and there is a real chance I will die before I turn twenty-eight."

This was such a unique love story. I really enjoyed reading something different. Fans of Kim Karr will not be disappointed! The 27 Club meets all the requirements needed for a hot, sexy read. From beginning to end, you will be wondering how it will all end for Nate and Zoey.

Nate is broken; broken by past events and a tragic loss. Living day to day with no desire for love or a commitment, he continues to work hard and help those in need. When he meets Zoey, his best friend's little sister, he soon realizes that her need is so much more than he ever anticipated.

"In those arms, I allow myself to find comfort - a comfort I never expected to feel in the arms of my brother's best friend and a comfort I didn't realize I needed so very much."

Zoey is convinced that her life can and will end at anytime. Instead of living for the moment, she has closed herself off to life and love. The only man she ever truly loved was her brother, but when fate plays a nasty card, Zoey is forced to make a decision...to let fate decide her destiny or to kick that bitch to the curb.

"Since the day I turned twenty-seven, fear of dying has sucked out my will to live. I'm alone. Adrift. Lost. Every time I slam on my brakes, I think: Maybe this will be it. Every night when I fall asleep, I think: Maybe I won't wake up. And every day when I do, I think: Will today be my last day?

I loved the immediate connection that Nate and Zoey had. The sexual chemistry between them was off the charts! I love when you can feel the angst written between characters. Zoey had a special way of breaking down Nate's walls and getting him to open up to her. Nate had such a big heart. His confidence and strength allowed Zoey to be free of her fear and to live her life without holding anything back. Together they fought for life, love, and a happily ever after. Kim Karr wrote a lovely book about moving on, living life, and finding love when you least expect it. I would definitely recommend it!

"He feels so real. He's what I crave. He's what I want. He makes me feel alive."

♥ Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment