Monday, March 9, 2015

STEP-LOVER by Bella Jewel : Review by Juls

Step-LoverStep-Lover by Bella Jewel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OMG!!!!! Do you want to know how much I loved this book? So much that my eyes are burning!! Yes, burning!! I stayed up last night until 1:00 am finishing this story, and I still had to wake up early for work! Not only that, but I cried like a baby!! I really did not think I would be crying while reading this story. I was dead wrong! I cried through THE. WHOLE. BOOK! I seriously loved everything about this story! I connected with every single character and that does not happen often.

Aria has endured a tragic life and is still overcoming her nightly nightmares. When she was younger, she suffered a great loss and has been trying to overcome her battles ever since. Years later, her mom has remarried, adding a step-dad and 3 step-brothers, which she has never met...at least that's what she thought. When she comes face to face with Blade, all her memories of one wonderful weekend with a mystery guy come crashing back. When they both find out that they are now step-brother/sister, they don't know how to react. Their relationship is anything but nice; nothing like the weekend they shared. Aria is also having difficulty accepting her "new" family and tries to push everyone away.

Each of her step-brothers are different in their own way. Brody is tough, dark, and handsome. Aria can tell he is battling demons of his own. No one has that dark look about themselves the way he does without having a history behind it. Ripley is fun and outgoing. He has the sweetest personality and he and Aria click right away. He is the only one that she has had contact with prior to meeting them in person. As for Blade...well he's Blade, and he definitely lives up to his name.

Blade has a little of everything. He's caring, sweet, hot, and full alpha. I loved reading the moments when he was the perfect guy. The sweetness that he showed Aria on their weekend made me swoon! As for the alpha part of Blade, I loved that part too! He was broody at times, yet demanding. He knew he couldn't have Aria, but didn't want anyone else to have her either. The battle between doing the right thing and doing what he wanted, was constantly changing his attitude. You never knew which Blade you were going to get, and I loved every bit of it! As for the Blade behind closed doors, well, I think that was my favorite! He took charge and held nothing back, and boy did I enjoy it!

"I didn't fuck her. But I'm going to fuck you. Hands above your head, and put a pillow over your mouth. I'm about to make you scream."

Blade also had no trouble showing his emotions as well...

" When I look at you, Tulip, I don't ever wanna fuck'en look away."

There is so much that I want to say about Step-Lover, however, I would love for you to read it and have the experience and connection that I did! I really enjoyed the relationships that were built between Aria, Brody, Ripley, and Jack. There were so many times the conversations that took place between the characters brought tears to my eyes. At some point, my heart literally broke for all of them. I also loved Meanie, Aria's best friend, and I CAN. NOT. WAIT. FOR. THE. NEXT. BOOK!! Bella Jewel has definitely moved up on my favorite author list, and I have not doubt Brody's story will be another heart wrenching experience!

-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment