Sunday, March 29, 2015

Vacant (An Empathy Novel) by Ker Dukey: Review by Lys

Vacant (Empathy, #3)Vacant by Ker Dukey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was sooo nervous to read Vacant. I felt like I do when I find out one of my favorite books is going to be made into a movie. You know how the movie is never as good as the book so you're afraid of disappointment? That's exactly how I felt! Desolate was an epic read to me, and I didn't think any book could top it...even one by the very same author. I don't know that Vacant was everything that I had hope for, but it was far from disappointing.

Vacant picks up shortly after where Desolate leaves off with Ryan reconnecting with his newly discovered brother and Cereus away at college. The storyline continues with Ryan's need to be with Cereus and Cereus' journey of self discovery. Their story is raw, gripping, and of course bloody. Readers will either love the direction Vacant takes...or they won't. In my opinion, it is definitely a turning point in this series should Ker decide to write a spin off.

As for me, I really enjoyed Vacant. Ker Dukey is one of my favorite authors and I loved this series as a whole. Fans of Empathy and Desolate will appreciate the continued complexity of the storyline and the characters. There is never a dull moment in Ker's stories...her writing is flawless and they always leave you wanting more!

♥ Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment