Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Consolation by Corinne Michaels: Review by Lys

Consolation (The Consolation Duet, #1)Consolation by Corinne Michaels
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"I'll never be the same. The woman I was before died the minute the knock on the door came. I'm a shell of the woman I was. The woman who was loving, open, and full of hope is gone. Hope is a weak bitch who couldn't give two fucks about what you want. So I rely on faith. Faith that I'll make it through this and find my heart again."~Natalie

I am utterly heart broken. Why I read these emotional...rip your heart out...kind of reads is even beyond me. Something about a book that will allow you to have a good, ugly cry is alluring. For me, it draws me like a moth to a flame...I can't resist it! It's almost as if it is a test of my will. Can the author make me ball my eyes out? And if so, then it is a 5 star read for rendering me useless and for gutting me to the point that I am sobbing. It's then and only then, that I know I have fully connected with the characters; the author has consumed me with every word. Consolation did just that! It broke me down, had me sobbing like a little baby (YES, over a work of fiction!), and yet it built me back up only to break me all over again. This book is heart breaking, beautiful, emotional, sexy, and oh sooo swoon worthy! I fell in love with Liam and Natalie. I highly recommend you read their story. Grab your tissue box, a tub of Nutella, and settle in for a great read! I hope you love it just as much as I did!

"I know he was your world. I saw the love you two shared and I would be full of shit if I said it doesn't scare me. You're supposed to be untouchable, and yet here you are in my arms. I don't know if I'm lucky or a fucking idiot."~Liam

♥ Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment