Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Tattered Gloves by J.L. Berg ~ Review by Juls

The Tattered GlovesThe Tattered Gloves by J.L. Berg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


4.5 Stars!


"I was the road that no one wanted to walk on. The scary alley everyone avoided. Because there was damaged, and then there was just plain broken. And I was one step beyond all that." ~ Willow

The minute I read those words, I was hooked! I knew J.L. Berg's writing would grab me from the beginning and that's exactly what happened when I started The Tattered Gloves. Willow is a strong young lady that was given a rough life in the beginning. I'm so happy that she was able to go and live with her Aunt Addy and experience the life that she truly deserved. When she first moved in with Addy she was to herself and scared of everyone and everything. Little by little, she started to open up and when she met Sam, everything changed.

"I believed in the possibility of love and everything that went with it. Because he’d done the impossible for me. He’d given me hope."

Sam was perfect for Willow. They both had so much in common, and I loved that Sam was able to help Willow overcome her past. I liked that she was able to open up to him and that even though they had a bumpy start in the beginning, their relationship ended with a HEA. I also loved Allison! She was so funny and the perfect best friend for Willow. I liked that although Willow was different, she was always nice and inviting towards her. These three characters were priceless, and I enjoyed their friendship. Great all around story!


~ Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment