Tuesday, January 13, 2015

AN UNEXPECTED FOREVER by Kaydee Maverick : Review by Juls

An Unexpected Forever (Forever, #1)An Unexpected Forever by Kaydee Mavericks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


**** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange with an honest review ****

4 Stars!

If you're looking for a good story about two people having a second chance at finding love, this is it! I just finished reading Hunter and Kali's story and I really enjoyed it. I loved Hunter and the relationship he has with his daughter. I was already in tears just reading the prologue and seeing what Hunter went through. Now it has been 3 years and he is celebrating his daughters 3rd birthday and the 3 year anniversary of his wife's death. Hunter is still in love with his wife and is not ready to move on. He has always been in love with Jana and never thought he would be without her. The last thing he expected was to meet someone that would change his life forever on the same day he lost his wife.

When Kali first met her husband she thought she would be in love with him forever. Then little by little he starts to change and becomes abusive. When Kali decides enough is enough, she ask her family to help her pack up her stuff so that she can leave her husband while he is away. What she didn't plan for was that he would come and find her to show her that she wasn't getting out without a fight. The last thing she expected was that her life would forever be changed when she wakes up in a hospital while hearing the sweetest voice.

Hunter and Kali meet under unexpected circumstances. Right away they have a connection that no one understands and did not see coming. What I liked about them was that even though they had a strong connection right from the beginning, their relationship starts as a friendship. I often read books where the two main character's intimate relationship starts just a few minutes after meeting each other and they are instantly in love. I understand at times there is a strong connection between two people and that they have an attraction to each other, but to be in love after just meeting them 5 minutes ago is a bit much for me! LOL. However, I did love that that was not the case in this story. Hunter is there for Kali as she is getting better and is moving on from her past. Their friendship is sweet and I loved that Kali was open minded and created a friendship with Alyssa, Hunters daughter. As they grew closer as friends and they both start to realize they want more then friendship, Hunter starts to struggle knowing he will have to get over his late wife, Jana. To be honest, I was struggling too! I just felt so sad for him with all the emotions he was going through about letting go and moving on. At times the way he described how he felt about Kali made me feel like he didn't have that connection with his wife. I know he probably did, but during those moments, I was struggling for him to move on as well! After awhile I got over myself and I did like the relationship between Hunter and Kali. I know that they were good for each other and were what they both needed to move on and have the happily ever after life they both deserved...

"I love you, Kali, with all my heart and all my being. If I never would've met you, I'd still be wondering around lost in this world."

"I love you too, Hunter. You saved me from everything, even myself."


I will say that I am looking forward to reading more from Kaydee Maverick and I am hoping to see a book about Hunter's brother and his wife. I would also love a book about Kali's best friend Dylan!! He seems like he would have a good story since he is in the military and I love military romances!

~ Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment