Tuesday, January 20, 2015

THAT GIRL by H.J Bellus ~ Review by Juls

That Girl (That Girl, #1)That Girl by H.J. Bellus
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Purchase Link:
http://amzn.to/1C768dx


*** I Love Story Time has been gifted an Arc in exchange of an honest review ***

5 stars!


"Never let a name or circumstance define you. Rise above it and one day you'll realize you're worth fighting for."


I have been wanting to read this book since it was released, but I have not had the chance until recently. Let me just say that I could not put it down...I LOVED it!! I seriously loved everything about it!! I was so sad and heart broken for "that girl". You know...that girl that went through so much while growing up. That girl that was harmed repeatedly by the friends and boyfriend of her own mother. That girl that felt the only way to get out of the life she was living was to run away the minute she turned 18 years old and never looked back. Yes, that girl. I could not believe the life that she was given, but I loved the strength she had to keep moving forward.

I liked reading about the different adventures she went through and the different names she used. Some of the people she met and came across were the sweetest people. She was constantly on the move not allowing herself to settle into one spot for too long. Running from her past never allowed her to get too comfortable around people so she always kept to herself while going from home to work. Then one night that all changes when Oakley is working in a coffee stand and she serves a truck full of college football players. I love how one night and one guy can change the life your running from, into the life your running to.

That's exactly what Lincoln did for Oakley. I loved Lincoln!! I loved that no matter what kind of demons Oakley was hiding, he would show her he was there to make everything better. No matter how many times Oakley wanted to run, he was there to ask her to stay. Everything he did for her, to show her how important she was, I loved. He can read everything about her and know everything she needed to hear.....


"I'm not going to stop until I have every single piece of you, Oakley Ann. I'm not going to stop until you feel comfortable with the name you've made here. I'm not going to stop worrying about you running in the middle of the night and never seeing you again until I hear you say the words "I love you." I know what they mean to you and how hard they will be for you to speak to someone. Just know, I'm not stopping. I'll give you a name you'll be proud of, a first and last name that will erase all memories of that girl. Your past will no longer haunt you with me at your side. I'm all in."


I'm so happy that I got to read this, but so sad that it's over. I can't wait to get started on book two and I hope I get to read more of Lincoln and Oakley. All I have to say is that if you have not read this, I highly recommend that you pick up a copy and get started. I promise you will love Lincoln just as much as I did. Until next time......

"It's just pizza."


~Juls



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment