Saturday, January 31, 2015

Where The Road Takes Me by Jay McLean: Review by Lys

Where the Road Takes MeWhere the Road Takes Me by Jay McLean
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Beautiful STARS!

If you are looking for a beautifully written, heart felt book, this is it! I felt every word written on these pages. I laughed, I cried (boy, did I cry!), and I fell in love with these two amazing characters. There are certain books that stay with you long after you have read the last word, and this is one of them. I love when books leave me with special, little, unique gems. After reading this, I will forever remember red letter days and look at inspirational magnets in a whole new light.

Chloe was your average high school senior but you wouldn't have noticed her. She liked to remain invisible so that no one could get close to her. She thought if no one noticed her, if no one cared about her, then no one would notice or care when she left. With no plans for the future other than hitting the open road, she lived her life in the moment. She didn't worry about where the road would take her or what lied ahead. What Chloe hadn't expected was that one night everything would change, and one boy would be that change.

"I'd never questioned the way I thought about my life. But Blake, he made me question it. He made me want to change it. To change my outlook. And to change myself. But I couldn't. And I wouldn't." ~Chloe

Blake was the boy that every girl wanted and every boy wanted to be. He was handsome, was his high school's star athlete, and was dating the hottest girl on campus. Despite all that he had; he wasn't happy. Torn between being the person everyone expected him to be and being the person he wanted to be, he struggled with finding his place in the world. That was until he met Chloe, and everything that he had ever wanted and needed...was right in front of him.

"In the past four years that we'd been in the same place almost every day, I had never noticed her. Not even a little bit. And to me - it felt like there were four years of her life I needed to know about. Four years of not paying attention to make up for. But it wasn't just that. Deep down, I knew she was the only person in the entire world I wanted to notice me." ~Blake

I truly loved this book. There were so many amazing parts that just made me feel. Where The Road Takes Me is one of those books that you beg all your friends to read so that you can share thoughts and relive it all over again. Blake and Chloe's journey will steal your heart and make you a forever fan of author Jay McLean.

"Sometimes the wrong path can lead us to the right road. And toward the greatest thing that will ever happen to us." ~Chloe

♥ Review By Lys


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment