Friday, January 23, 2015

KICK (Savage Saints MC, #1) by Carmen Jenner: Review by Lys

Kick (Savage Saints MC, #1)Kick by Carmen Jenner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Looking for an intense book with crazy sexual content and brutal violence? Look no further because Kick by Carmen Jenner, is the book for you! The author was not kidding when she said that this book was not for the faint of heart. It is not a love story. It was definitely not filled with hearts and flowers. It is a story about a damaged man living the MC life where brotherhood means everything and nothing else exists. This was my very first introduction into a MC novel. I have read several dark reads that I truly enjoyed, so when I read the author's warning, I didn't think twice. Kick was so much more than what I had expected. Some scenes where really hard for me to read. I think watching it on TV (Sons Of Anarchy) is one thing, but reading it took it to a whole new level.

"Darkness doesn't seek out the light. It smothers the light, and it revels in the light's death. And there is nothing more dangerous than darkness that doesn't have an outlet." ~Kick

I didn't fall in love with Kick. I felt pity for him. He was born into a world filled with hate and violence. As much as he wanted to be different, to be a better man, a Savage Saint was just who he was. Growing up without a mother and raised by a father who never loved him, left him without a moral compass. Kick was a man among monsters. A man resigned to a life without love; until he met Indie.

"I don't know anything anymore except that I want to die. With every fibre of my being, with everything I am, I know that much is true. I just want to die, but he won't let me." ~Indie

Indie...my GOD was that girl a true warrior. I admired her will and her tenacity to survive. For anyone to be able to function after what she lived through is unbelievable. My heart broke for her time and time again. She was the true hero in this story. Like she said, she found something bigger, she found herself.

I was happy with the way the storyline came together at the end, but in someways I had hoped that things would have ended differently. My idea of a happily ever after for Kick and Indie had them leaving the MC, but I know leaving the brotherhood is not an option that you live to tell about.

"If he'd told me I was strong, I'd never had believed it. Now I know for certain. Now I know I could kill them both or die trying, but at least I won't be sitting around waiting for them to find me." ~Indie

Carmen Jenner wrote an amazing book. It was written so well that I felt like I witnessed everything first hand. It was dark, twisted, raw and gut wrenching. She made you feel everything she wanted you to. She pulled me into a world I want no part of. As much as I appreciated this book, I don't think I will be reading any other MC novels. I need hearts and flowers! lol Even though this was not for me, I would highly recommend it to fans of MC novels. I think many readers will absolutely love it!

♥Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment