Saturday, November 28, 2015

Silent Scars by Ada Frost - Review by Juls

Silent Scars (Surviving, #4)Silent Scars by Ada Frost
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


*** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange of an honest review ***


5 Stars!


"My gut twisted with the knowledge I would never have that quiet peace, those tender moments of knowing you were completely owned, body and soul, by someone else."
~ Ryan



I was so eager to start Silent Scars, that I blew through it too fast and now I'm sad that I'm going to have to wait another decade for the next one! LOL. Okay...maybe not quite a decade, but that's what it feels like when I'm waiting to read the next book from Ada Frost. I look forward to her new releases, and I probably become a crazy stalker while I wait. Yes...her books are that good!

I was so excited to get Ryan's story. Ryan was everything that I thought he would be. I knew he would be a dark, intense alpha with lots of love inside him. I also knew he would surround himself with brick walls. Ryan didn't let anyone get close. Even his brothers had a hard time getting close to him. His life was hard while growing up. He was abused and used constantly. As a result, he believed he didn't deserve to be happy. He believed that he had nothing to give and could never see himself loving anyone or receiving anyone's love in return. Then he meets Aloura, and she is everything that Ryan never knew he needed. Aloura was pretty tough and never gave up on Ryan. She fought for him when no one else would and had no problem telling him what she wanted. She made him believe that he was worth it.


“I don’t want to be someone’s possession Ryan. Belongings can be expendable, thrown away when they are old and dirty. I want to be a part of you. I want to wake up each morning with a feeling of completeness because I know you’re near. I want your soul to greet mine. Show me all of you. Give me your pain and I will give you my joy.”


“A man willing to break my heart doesn’t deserve my tears. But a man strong enough to protect it, is worth everything. You Ryan, are worth everything. You just need to believe it.”



I really liked Ryan and Aloura together. Their relationship at times was difficult, but I'm glad that Ryan is getting his HEA. I'm so happy that everyone from The Surviving Series got their HEA. This series is seriously one of the BEST series that I have EVER read. EVERY story got 5 stars from me. Honestly, I would have rated them more than 5 stars if I could! Every single book gutted me, although my favorite one was book 2, Surviving Love. I LOVED Johan! His story probably made me cry the most. However, when I found out this was the conclusion to the series, I wanted to ugly cry all over again. I know I will be rereading this series again. Ada Frost, I just want to thank you for all these AMAZING stories. I cannot wait to see what you have in store from here on out!!


~Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment