Friday, November 27, 2015

THE GIRLS GOT SECRETS by Linda Kage ~ Review by Juls

The Girl's Got Secrets (Forbidden Men, #7)The Girl's Got Secrets by Linda Kage
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


***I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange of an honest review ***


4 Stars!


“If you love someone enough, you find you can forgive them for just about anything, because living without them is more miserable than any grudge you could hold.”

I have to admit that I was a little hesitant to read, The Girls Got Secrets, since it's book #7 in the Forbidden Men series. I have not read any of the prior books from this series, so I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to connect with the story or the characters. However, I'm excited to say that I enjoyed both! I really liked Asher and Remy's story. It reminded me of a movie I watched growing up that had the same type of storyline. Yes, like the blurb said, a "girl posing as a boy" story is not anything new, but it didn't make me enjoy it any less! There were quite a few things I liked about it and there were so many parts that made me laugh. My favorite part was when Remy was telling Asher what being in a "relationship" is like...


“At first, it’s nerve-wracking as hell. You’re always afraid to show your true self. You just want them to see what you think they’ll like, so you’re always on edge, hoping to impress him and trying to figure out if you even like him in return. Even though it’s kind of thrilling and exciting too. But then...then something finally clicks, and you realize you have this...thing...this amazing thing in common with each other that you don’t really have in common with anyone else. Pretty soon, you’re opening up more of yourself and discovering that more parts click, and before you know it, life is amazing and you’re thinking about them night and day. You can’t wait to see them again, and you love everything about everything.”


I really liked Asher! I felt so sad for him. Knowing what he went through while growing up and that he had never really been a part of a family broke my heart. But like most stories, Asher and I both were left with a HEA!


~Juls



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment