Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Twenty-One by Lauren K. McKellar ~ Review by Juls

The Twenty-One (Emerald Cove #2)The Twenty-One by Lauren K. McKellar
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


*** I Love Story Time was gifted an arc in exchange of an honest review ***


4.5 Stars!


"Sometimes in life you choose to take the risky path. Sometimes you choose to push the limits, to see just how high you can go. Taking chances won’t guarantee you any safety—but neither will following the rules."


Oh my gosh! Does anyone have any tissue??! I really did not see that story coming. I have tears streaming down my face, and I'm not even sure when they will stop. All I can say is... WOW!! Joel and Ellie's story is beautiful and heart breaking all at the same time. I loved that even though Joel left with out a word when they were younger, their love for each other never stopped. They were truly meant to be together! Joel brought so much out of Ellie. He was constantly trying to get Ellie to see the bigger picture...


“Life isn’t about playing safe, Ellie. It’s about pushing yourself for something more.”


In the end, Ellie saw everything Joel had always wanted her to see! I fell in love with Joel, and I can see why Ellie fell for him twice! I really didn't want this book to end. I just wanted to read more about their story. I loved it, and I would definitely recommend it to be read with a box of tissues!



-Juls




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment