Monday, February 8, 2016

LEGEND (A Real Novel) by Katy Evans: Review by Lys

Legend (Real, #6)Legend by Katy Evans
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Katy Evans knocks it out of the ring again! Just when I didn't think I could LOVE Remy any more than I already do, I fell in love with him even more! This time, the competition was high with the introduction of the dark and sexy Maverick "THE AVENGER" Cage. This is one story that you don't want to miss! One of I Love Story Time's BEST Fighter Books of 2016!

...So yeah, I can relate with the monsters inside. Mine's in my head. Yours is in your blood. Don't let it win." ~Remy

On a mission to avenge his father in hopes of getting the attention from him that he so desperately seeks, Maverick Cage must find a coach in order to fight in the Underground fighting circuit. The ultimate target...Remington "Riptide" Tate. When door after door is shut in his face due to his family ties, one girl in search of herself, unexpectedly finds him.

"He's with me." ~Reese

In an attempt to leave her demons behind, build a new life, and a new her, Reese Dumas moves to Seattle with the Tate's to care for their son Racer. While Remy and Brooke prepare for Remy's upcoming fights, Reese finds herself drawn to the mysterious fighter that most have come to fear. What she never anticipated to find on her journey, was a love so real and all consuming.

"I want him more than I've wanted anything, and I've wanted things that were bad for me before. But I want Maverick Cage now like a sickness." ~Reese

As both Remy and Maverick train for the most anticipated fight in the Underground's history, sides are chosen while life long connections are broken. Only one man will be left standing. Only one man can claim the championship.

"Time!" his coach yells out from the corner. "You two won't have shit for the fight if you keep up this nonsense." Tate grins at him, then turns back and glowers at me. "You get enough?" "Barely warming up here." I squint the blood out of one eye and raise my gloves. "Come get it, Riptide," I Growl."

WHOA! That quote gave me the chills and filled me with sooo much anticipation for what was yet to come! I absolutely love Remy, but after reading that, I was like...FUCK YEAH! If there was ever a Katy Evans hero that could come close to rivaling Remy, it is definitely Maverick Cage. His intensity, his determination, and his love for Reese gave me goosebumps. He fought hard, he fell hard, and he loved hard. Katy did a beautiful job pulling this story together in the end. I was an emotional mess, now in love with two amazing men! For those of you that LOVE Remy like I do, you will not be disappointed. A LEGEND never dies!

♥ Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment