Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Playing The Game by Shawnte Borris ~ Review by Juls

Playing The Game: Derek Backhard (The Game Book 2)Playing The Game: Derek Backhard by Shawnte Borris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars




4 stars!

“I’ve missed that carefree laugh.”

“Thanks for giving it back to me.”



I knew before I even started, that reading this book was going to make me fall for Derek even more. Playing The Game starts off right where The Game ends. Even though this is about a different couple, I would recommend that you do read book 1 prior to starting this so that you get the full history of these interconnected characters. Derek and Liz's story is a bittersweet one for me. I liked Liz's past, but I'm loving her future! Derek was the best thing that could have happened to Liz after everything that she had to deal with. The love that Derek had for her and Ryder was very heartwarming. There were so many times Derek would tell Liz things that brought tears to my eyes. Yes, this is a story that will have you reaching for a box of tissues. Just like in book 1, you will also have those laugh out loud moments. I'm really enjoying this series, and I can't wait to read Adam and Caroline's story next! Those two are bound to be a handful!


-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment