Sunday, June 28, 2015

FLAWED HEART by Bella Jewel : Review by Juls

Flawed Heart (House of Obsidian #1)Flawed Heart by Bella Jewel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


*** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange of an honest review ***


5 Stars!


Bella Jewel is quickly becoming one of my top authors. I loved her 'Till Death series, and I loved Step-Lover as well. Flawed Heart wasn't any different. I was so excited to read this story, and it did not disappoint! I was hooked from the very beginning. I started the story on a busy weekend, and I was so sad I had to stop. Nonetheless, I did finish it in two sittings. :) I don't know what it is about Bella's writing, but it is seriously amazing! Every book I have read of her's has grabbed my attention and has held it throughout the story!

I was surprised that I did enjoy this story as much as I did because of the format it was written in. I usually am not a big fan of stories that alternate between past and present, but I did enjoy it this time around. The way that Bella wrote the story flowed really easily for me. I liked reading about Max and Anabelle's story when they were in college. I enjoyed reading the beginning, the way they met, the events that took place, and the way the fell in love! Now it's years later and after being gone for 5 years Ana is forced to return home, which brings her face to face with Max.

Max is one alpha male that I would not mind running into one night at a club! Yes he's broken, and hurt, but deep down, once things surface, he is the best of both worlds. He's a hot, domineering fighter, with a dirty mouth, and he also has a great heart once you get past his walls. The suffering that Max has gone through was so sad, and I can see why things changed after he witnessed an accident. That is something that will cause many people to struggle with, and in order to protect Ana he held everything in, which caused everything to blow up.

Ana is back and is going through her own personal struggles and turns to Max for support. She also has something that she has been hiding from Max, and she feels that it is time to let everything out. The relationship they have is really hot and loving at the same time. The chemistry they share is off the charts. I loved reading every emotion and struggle that they went through. I was able to connect with them and their life like I was apart of them.

I am really looking forward to reading Flawed Love! I love when we get to meet the characters that are going to be the star character in the next book from the series! If you have not read any stories from Bella Jewel I highly recommend that you start! I just realized I have not read Number Thirteen!! Now I know what I will be starting next!


~Juls


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment