Monday, June 15, 2015

KING by T.M. Frazier: Review By Lys

King (King, #1)King by T.M. Frazier
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

WHOA! What a ride! I absolutely LOVED this book! It had everything! It was intense, full of angst, and completely heart breaking. T.M Frazier had me feeling all kinds of crazy emotions. My heart raced, swooned, and then broke. This is hands down a MUST read! T.M. has now become one of ILST's favorite authors!

"I don't know where I came from. I don't know how old I am. I don't know my real name."~Doe

Lost with zero memory of who she is or where she belongs, Doe (yes, as in Jane Doe) finds herself living on the streets with an empty belly and her only friend, a hooker named Nikki. Desperate to find food, shelter, and protection from the evil on the streets, Nikki and Doe find themselves at the welcome home party of the notorious Brantley King. When King first meets Doe, the connection and sexual chemistry between them is undeniable. But when Nikki makes a choice that changes everything, Doe finds herself caught up in more than she bargained for.

"I've been in a maximum security prison. I've been around the worst of the worst. I've had to sleep with one eye open, thinking my next breath could be my last.' 'Why are you telling me all this?' He turned toward me and our eyes locked. He reached out and ran the back of his pointer finger along my cheek. 'Because I want you to know that none of those motherfuckers ever scared me as much as you do." ~King

When King was released from prison, he was a different man than the one that went in. He now wanted more. He wanted a simple life away from the parties, booze, and endless women. What he didn't anticipate, was that one girl would change his life and turn it upside down with just one kiss. Unfortunately, both in and out of prison, King had made enemies and enemies always seem to surface when life is good. Just when King thought he had it all, he stood to lose everything.

King filled me so completely. Not just my body. My heart. My soul. My life. I didn't give a shit if I ever got my memory back. Because with King, I knew exactly who I was. I was his. ~Doe

You have got to read this book! I was hooked from the very beginning...it was unputdownable! There is so much more I would like to share, but there are twist that I don't want to give away. Ahh...I can't wait for book 2! You will sooo fall in love with King. Yes, yes...he is a bad guy. I know, I know, BUT...a super hot, sexy, dirty talking, bad guy that you can't help but fall for. He's damaged, broken, and flawed and so incredibly yummy! ALL HAIL TO THE KING!

*Warning: This book contains graphic violence, consensual and non-consensual sex, drug use, abuse, and other taboo subjects and adult subject matter. Although originally slated to be a standalone, KING is now a two part series. *Fist pump!*

♥ Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment