Friday, June 19, 2015

**** RELEASE BOOST **** IN YOUR HEART by Micalea Smeltzer







Title: In Your Heart
Series: Willow Creek #3
Author: Micalea Smeltzer
 Release Date: June 16, 2015



Blurb


I thought I had found love. 
I thought I had found my forever. 
I’d never been more wrong in all my life.  

Sadie Westbrook’s seemingly perfect life comes to a screeching halt when she catches her fiancé in bed with another woman. Suddenly, everything she believed in is tested and there’s only one person she can turn to—the guy who has been by her side ever since their best friend’s fell in love and became inseparable.

Ezra Collins—the bassist for the band Willow Creek—has only ever had one weakness, and her name is Sadie. When he receives a frantic call he rushes to her aid, helping to pick up the pieces of her crumbling life—even if that means letting Sadie live with him.

The close proximity tests the limits of their friendship and as the lines between friends and lovers blur they’ll have to decide if falling in love with your best friend is worth the risk of losing them.





Links to Buy

AMAZON US / UK
 
 
 
 

                  Review by Juls


This was a great addition to The Willow Creek series. I am really enjoying these stories, and I am falling more and more in love with all the characters. I love that all characters are integrated in everyone else's story. I like when I am able to get new details on previous relationships from other books I've read in this series.

Ezra has always been one of my favorites out of the "Willow Creek" boys. His personality is so playful and sweet. He has always been the one to keep the peace between everyone and willing to help who ever needs a helping hand. The relationship that he has with all his band mates is so funny. He is seriously one of the sweetest guys that I have come across, since I've started reading!

Ezra and Sadie have been best friends ever since Maddox and Emma started dating. Sadie has always been a Willow Creek fan girl, but she never thought she would actually become good friends with them. Sadie has had a crush on Ezra, even before meeting him, but after their friendship started growing stronger and stronger, she never let him know about. Sadie feared that if things changed between them she can possibly lose the best thing that has happened to her, and losing his friendship wasn't something she wanted to take a chance on.

Ezra and Sadie's relationship is one that I'm sure many people have experienced at least once in their lifetime. I liked reading about their relationship, and the journey they had together. One thing I really liked about them was how pure they were. There have been many stories that I read that has a character(s) with a dark past they are trying to overcome. Now don't get me wrong, I still love those stories as well, but it was nice to read about a couple that was simply....pure.

Ezra and Sadie's story was an easy read. If I had the time and was able to sit down for a bit with out interruptions, I could have easily read this in one sitting. It was a great story that kept me interested to see how things ended up in their relationship. I've been reading this series for the last few days starting with book 1, and I'm sad to say that I have completed all three books. I will miss the Willow Creek boys! I'm looking forward and patiently waiting to read the next addition to this series! Hayes also seems like he would be a great guy! *wink*

Also Available



AMAZON US / UK



               Review by Juls


3.5 Stars!

"We're all capable of great things if we allow ourselves."

This was a cute story about an innocent girl falling for the rock star. I enjoyed reading about Maddox and Emma's relationship. I liked that they started out as friends and grew into a loving couple. Sometimes it's refreshing to read about a relationship that doesn't start out as a one night stand and is more than just about sex. Don't get me wrong, I like those too, but sometimes it's nice to read about a young couple that finds love.

Maddox's personality was really cute. As I mentioned in the beginning, Emma is innocent when it comes to the boyfriend department. Maddox always made little comments here and there that would make Emma blush. So any opportunity that Maddox got, he didn't hold back so that he could see her face flush red!

"Like what you see?" He leaned in, sweeping my hair over my shoulder so his lips could touch my ear. "Because I promise you'll love it even more when all my clothes are off."

I also loved when Maddox kissed Emma for the first time...her thoughts cracked me up!

My brain was all like, "Oh my God! He's kissing you!" And then a moment later it yelled at me, "Do something! Don't just stand there and make him do all the work!"

Their relationship was really cute. I loved Sonic the hedgehog too! I imagined Maddox walking around with him on his shoulder all the time! He was a cute addition to the story. Willow Creek was not only cute and funny, but there were definitely moments that I shed a tear or two. I liked the supporting characters, and I am looking forward to reading about Maddox's twin brother, Mathias. His character seems pretty broody. Broody characters can be a good thing!



AMAZON US / UK
 
 
                          Review by Juls 
 
4 Stars!! 

I knew I was going to like this story when I met Mathias in, Last To Know. I mentioned in my last review of book 1 that he was broody, and he's still so broody, but boy is he H.O.T!! I guess when you're as hot as he is, it's ok to always have an attitude, or drop the "F" bomb in every sentence!

Even though Mathias likes to act like he has no heart, he probably has the biggest of hearts, but he has so many walls up that he doesn't let anyone in. Mathias hasn't had the easiest life growing up. He has been through a lot with his biological parents, causing him to shut down and constantly push people away. Now, he's living the dream he has always wanted while still guarding his heart.

When Mathias was in high school struggling with his reality, there was one person he slowly let in...Remy. Mathias and Remy were perfect together. Remy never bowed down to the attitude that Mathias always had, and she never let him walk all over her the way most people did. Remy understood Mathias the way no one else did, and she took the time to break down his walls. Then, everything changed when Remy's family had to relocate due to her dad getting transferred for work. When Remy told Mathias she had to leave, he didn't take it very well. Mathias was used to everyone always leaving him, so he didn't know why he thought Remy was any different. Hurtful things were said and now 7 years later....Remy's back.

It has been 7 years since Mathias has seen Remy, but that didn't change the feelings he's always had for her. As well as Remy. When Remy and Mathias see each other after being apart for so long, words are lashed out and then sparks are flying. The chemistry that Mathias and Remy has always had is just as strong if not stronger. The saying..."The heart grows fonder with distance." is true when it comes to them. Their relationship starts off pretty quickly. Its seems that they picked up right where they left off. They seem to feed off each other when it comes to attitudes! Remy is just as feisty as he is an asshole, but together they work.

In their relationship they obviously have their issues, but there were so many moments that Mathias showed his true heart. Which, pretty much always brought me to tears. I knew that deep down Mathias had a big heart, and I loved seeing that Remy was once again able to barrel through his walls and brought it out of him.

I'm really enjoying this series and so far it seems to be getting better with each book. I'm looking forward to reading Sadie's story. She was a crack up in book 1. I missed her in book 2, so now it's time to get up close and personal in book 3!!

Excerpt

I looked up at the sky and the birds flying above us. “I feel like I don’t know who I am anymore. I spent two years with a guy that stripped me of my identity. I feel like all I have of myself is my store and the rest I’m left questioning. I tried so hard to please him, to make him happy, and in the end I made myself miserable. I was just so desperate for it to work out that I overlooked how toxic our relationship was. How stupid is that?”

“You’re human,” he replied. “We have this inane desire to belong to something that is greater than we are on our own. That desire is so strong that we can fool ourselves into believing things that aren’t true.”

“So, I’m not crazy?” I cracked a smile.

“Definitely not crazy.”

His smile was comforting and I reminded myself for the hundredth time that everything would be okay.

I rested my head on his shoulder and a moment later his head rested on top of mine.

A smile touched my lips.

I’d missed this—having someone that understood me completely, even when I didn’t know myself.







Author Bio



Micalea Smeltzer is a bestselling Young and New Adult author from Winchester, Virginia. She’s always working on her next book, and when she has spare time she loves to read and spend time with her family.




Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment