Saturday, June 6, 2015

SAVING EVER AFTER by Stephanie Hoffman McMcanus : Review by Juls

Saving Ever After (Ever After, #4)Saving Ever After by Stephanie Hoffman McManus
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



**** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC copy in exchange of an honest review ****


5 Stars!!!

I just want to start off by saying that I LOVE Grandma Helen!!! OMG!! She is so funny! I have loved everything about her throughout this series! I just can't believe how hilarious she is. I love when stories have crazy Grandmas in them. I feel like that totally brings character to the story! Some of the things that came out of her mouth had me cracking up! I loved when she was talking to Mia about Chris's girlfriend...

"Her eyes are too big for her face. And who wears a dress that dark to an engagement party? What is she a vampire? Just look at how dark that lipstick is that she's wearing too. There's something not right about her, and her eyes are so dark, unnaturally so. I'm going to throw holy water on her and see what happens."

And she does!! Turns out, she's not a vampire! LOL. That's just one example of how funny she is. She also seems to know everything that is going on. Even the things that seem to slip by other people. Seriously one of my most favorite character in this series!

As for Chris and Mia, I loved them as well. I have really enjoyed all the books from this series, but book 1, Finding Ever After, has been my favorite one so far. That is...until now!

We got to see Mia and Chris interact for the first time in, Chasing Ever After. Mia comes to stay with her sister for a little while because she is struggling with her family. Everyone can tell, including Chris, that Mia had a crush on him, but being that there is about 8 years difference, Chris knew he had to stay away. Now Mia is out of high school and is starting her first year in college. Mia's loving her freedom away from her family and finally is able to let loose. Only Mia finds herself missing her family when she realizes that no one has time for her. In order to fill the void, and numb the pain, Mia starts hanging out with the wrong crowd. From there, Mia's life starts to spin out of control. Mia seems to be drowning and can't seem to get a chance to catch her breath. In the meantime, Chris is there trying to get her out of her darkness. Chris knows that Mia is better than what she is doing to herself and wants to help her as much as he can. However, Mia is constantly fighting with him and doesn't know how to accept his help without falling more in love with him; Chris having a girlfriend doesn't make anything easier.

Then one night at a party, Mia stumbles into Kris. YES!!! Another Kris, but this is not Chris with a "C" this is Kris with a 'K'! And let me tell you! I loved Kris with a "K"!! I want a friend just like him! I would even take a little more than a "friend" like Kris! LOL. Anyways, when Kris first meets Mia he realizes right away that Mia shouldn't be left alone or drive while she's drunk so he helps her get home safely. From that point, Mia and Kris become great friends. Kris pushes Mia to be better and to start taking care of herself. Mia's life is finally on the right path. One night changes everything and she hits rock bottom.

Throughout this story Mia goes through so many trials that I don't even know who cried more. Me or her. Honestly, I'm not sure if I ever really stopped. This book brought out every emotion. I was so nervous for Mia and my heart hurt for her as well. I loved that Chris never gave up on her and when they first kissed... even I had butterflies! I loved Chris reaction to their first kiss...

"Sorry, I just needed a second to poll myself together before I got carried away. I didn't think kissing you would be like that."

"Like what?"

"Like losing myself in the sweetest melody and forgetting the rest of the world."


I think I just fell in love all over again! I'm so sad that this story is done, because all I can say is I. NEED. MORE!! I need more of everything. And I sure as heck need more of Mia and Chris. It has been about a week since I have read their story, and I still have a book hangover. I'm missing them so much. I catch myself wondering what their doing, and most importantly, how they are ! LOL. So, Mrs. Stephanie Hoffman McManus, I sure do hope you are writing your next story to this series as I'm writing this review, because I need more! I can't wait to start your next story!


~Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment