Monday, June 15, 2015

Last To Know by Micalea Smeltzer : Review by Juls

Last to Know (Willow Creek, #1)Last to Know by Micalea Smeltzer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


3.5 Stars!


"We're all capable of great things if we allow ourselves."


This was a cute story about an innocent girl falling for the rock star. I enjoyed reading about Maddox and Emma's relationship. I liked that they started out as friends and grew into a loving couple. Sometimes it's refreshing to read about a relationship that doesn't start out as a one night stand and is more than just about sex. Don't get me wrong, I like those too, but sometimes it's nice to read about a young couple that finds love.

Maddox's personality was really cute. As I mentioned in the beginning, Emma is innocent when it comes to the boyfriend department. Maddox always made little comments here and there that would make Emma blush. So any opportunity that Maddox got, he didn't hold back so that he could see her face flush red!


"Like what you see?" He leaned in, sweeping my hair over my shoulder so his lips could touch my ear. "Because I promise you'll love it even more when all my clothes are off."


I also loved when Maddox kissed Emma for the first time...her thoughts cracked me up!


My brain was all like, "Oh my God! He's kissing you!" And then a moment later it yelled at me, "Do something! Don't just stand there and make him do all the work!"


Their relationship was really cute. I loved Sonic the hedgehog too! I imagined Maddox walking around with him on his shoulder all the time! He was a cute addition to the story. Willow Creek was not only cute and funny, but there were definitely moments that I shed a tear or two. I liked the supporting characters, and I am looking forward to reading about Maddox's twin brother, Mathias. His character seems pretty broody. Broody characters can be a good thing!

~Juls


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment