Monday, June 15, 2015

STOP! by Alison G. Bailey: Review by Lys

Stop!Stop! by Alison G. Bailey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Alison G. Bailey has touched my soul once again with this beautifully written story about love, friendship, and compassion. I felt every word on every page. Alison has a special way of bringing serious topics into her storyline, creating incredibly strong amazing characters, and melting your heart every chapter until the very end. Just like Present Perfect, this book will stay with me beyond many others.

I hadn't accepted what had happened to me as being an accident, but I had accepted, kind of, the fact that no real boy would ever want to be with me. ~Hollis

Hollis Murphy has endured more pain and loss than any high school student should. After a freak accident, Hollis is trying to hold on to the future she had planned. Starting her first year of college away from the comforts of home and her best friend, she struggles to fit in among her peers. Between a roommate that is battling their own demons and crushing on the most sought after boy on campus, Hollis must find the confidence and strength she needs to hold it all together despite the hate and jealousy that surrounds her.

It was incredibly easy for me to get lost in all things Risher. Without even knowing it, he made me forget about the past year, the ugly names, and the mean looks. I felt like a normal girl falling for this perfect boy. ~Hollis

Risher Stevenson is the golden boy. With the warmest green eyes and the sweetest smile, all the girls want him. But Risher is more than just a pretty face. Unfortunately, he has his own dark past that he is trying to run away from. When Risher and Hollis first meet, there is a connection between them that is beyond sexual chemistry. A connection that neither one of them have ever experienced or understand. With everything stacked up against them and the hidden secret behind Hollis' dorm room door, Hollis must be prepared to dig deep and fight once again.

"Look at me, looking at you." His sweet smile appeared. "You're even more beautiful than you were five minutes ago, five hours ago, five days ago, or even five weeks ago when I first laid eyes on you." ~Risher

STOP! is definitely one of the best books of the year! It will touch your heart and remind you how powerful our words and our actions are. How just simple words can not only heal but also destroy at the same time. This was truly an amazing book, and I hope you LOVE it just as much as I did.

"We are more than the labels people place on us." ~Alison G. Bailey

♥ Review By Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment