Wednesday, July 8, 2015

CHASING EACH OTHER by J.D. Rivera : Review by Juls


Chasing Each Other (Chasing, #2)
Chasing Each Other by J.D. Rivera
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


*** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange of an honest review ***


4 Stars!


Chasing Each Other is Brad and Miranda's story. We got to meet both in Chasing the Stars. Brad is Mackenzie's brother and Miranda is Mackenzie's best friend. When I first met Brad, I knew I would love him. No...it's not because he's a detective...well okay...maybe that has a little to do with it! Brad is all work and no play; he's so serious all the time. I think that his seriousness just makes him that. much. hotter!

Miranda struggles everyday with a past that she is trying to overcome. When she was dating her ex-boyfriend, Preston, she found herself in an relationship that was bringing her down. She never thought that she would become an addict in an abusive relationship. I felt so bad for Miranda and the way she never thought she deserved anything good in her life. She never believed that anyone would love her or want her for more than sex if they knew about her past.

Brad can tell Miranda is hard on herself and doesn't believe that she is worthy of anyone. He see's the light has left her eyes, so he wants to do anything he can to bring the light back. At first he struggles with the age difference between them, but over time he realizes he doesn't care anymore and is willing to do anything he has to in order to show Miranda he wants more and that she deserves it.


"I'm saying, I've spent my life chasing you without knowing it. And I think you've done the same. We've been chasing each other to get to this moment. That's a lifetime of work and I'm not throwing it away."


I really enjoyed reading about Brad and Miranda. Brad was great as always and I loved that he was there for Miranda to show her that in life, there is always a second chance at happiness and love. I laughed, I cried, and I loved that I also got to read more about Hayes and Mackenzie's story as well. If you liked book 1, you will definitely love book 2!


~Juls


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment