Tuesday, July 28, 2015

STOLEN BREATHS by Pamela Sparkman : Review by Juls

Stolen Breaths (Stolen Breaths #1)Stolen Breaths by Pamela Sparkman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



4 Stars!


This story is one that will grow on you. In the beginning, I was having a hard time getting in to it because I felt it was a little slow and I needed more. However, after I started to get mid way, it picked up for me. I loved Cooper. He seriously was the sweetest guy. He was so caring when it came to Lily. From the moment he first met her, he was there protecting her until the very end. The love he had for her was really sweet and kind. There were so many parts that he would say or do things that would make my heart melt. I loved what he told her when they hung out for the first time...


"Well, Lily, we are going to sit on the hood of my care and just....be. We can talk if you want to talk, or we can sit in total silence if you want to be silent. We can sing along to our favorite songs on the radio. We can tell knock-knock jokes. We can throw rocks to see how far we can throw them. We can do whatever you want to do. I don't care. I just want to know you."


He truly is a gentlemen when it comes to Lily. You can really feel the love that he had for her throughout their story. One of my favorite parts was when they were in the elevator and held her while swaying to the music and singing to her softly...


"I can be your hero, baby. I can kiss away the pain. I will stand by you forever. You can take my breath away."


I fell head over heals in love with Copper in that exact moment. No matter who was around, he never held back his love for Lily.

Lily is alive, but not living. Throughout the story, she is dealing with the pain of her past as well as the pain of loosing her father. It's like everything in her life has been black and white. When she meets Cooper, that all changes. Little by little, Cooper brings her out of her darkness and into a life full of color. I loved their relationship, and I was hoping to get a little more of their life together towards the end of the book. So when I read the epilogue, I was a little sad to miss out on their journey. So...I'm hoping that we will get more of Cooper and Lily in book 2, Shattered, while we get to meet Joe up close and personal!


~Juls


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment