Tuesday, July 28, 2015

SHATTERED by Pamela Sparkman: Review by Juls

Shattered (Stolen Breaths, #2)Shattered by Pamela Sparkman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


*** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC copy in exchange of an honest review ***


3.5 Stars


In an attempt to write this review while being completely honest, I will say that there were some parts of the story that I was struggling with. I read Stolen Breaths and I really enjoyed it. So, I thought that I would feel the same about this story as well since it continues with the same characters. However, I didn't enjoy it as much as I was hoping I would. I did still like Joe and his playful personality which continued to shine. I loved the jokes that he was always telling Maggie. I also liked that he not only had a playful heart, but a loving heart as well. He always knew what to say when it was time to show his true feelings towards Maggie...


"I'll never get used to someone treating me the way you do."


"It kills me to think that anyone would ever get a piece of you without appreciating what they were getting first. Don't do it again. Don't give away pieces of yourself to anyone who hasn't earned them. You need to get used to it. I don't want to be just someone. I want to be the only one. And I promise you, Maggie Malone, if you let me, I'll earn all of the pieces of you before I take a single one."


With that being said, there were parts in the storyline that I felt were a little slow. However, I did get pulled back in towards the end. The events that took place...I truly didn't see coming and it kept me interested. I would recommend this book to those that have read book 1 and who are planning to read book 3. I am looking forward to Skin Deep because I am interested in Hayden and Beth's story. There's something about Hayden that is intriguing and urging me to continue on to see what he's all about!


~Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment