Sunday, July 12, 2015

JAG (Pandemic Sorrow, #1) by Stevie J. Cole: Review by Lys....edited

Jag (Pandemic Sorrow, #1)Jag by Stevie J. Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"I was too weak for fame, but she didn't care. She broke me, and I tried to let drugs mend me. While it numbed the pain and may have held the pieces together in a nice little package, I was deteriorating on the inside, and it was only a matter of time before it would all crumble to a pile of shit." ~Jag

Jag Steele was living the rock star dream; sex, drugs, and rock & roll. Despite having it all at his finger tips, he was lost and beyond broken. With nothing to be accountable for, he lived everyday in a drug induced high. Surrounded by nothing but enablers, Jag struggled to hold onto more than just his coke straw.

"I fucking wanted this woman. I had never wanted a person the way I wanted her. It was stronger than any urge I'd ever felt for a high. I was indescribable. And she - she was absolute bliss." ~Jag

Roxy had no desire to relive her past. Nothing was more of a turn off than an egotistical, drug using, man whore. Despite her best intentions, Roxy tried to stay away from Jag, but Roxy saw something in Jag that he couldn't even see in himself.

"Jag Steele really died that day in the Savannah cemetery. Death. That's what it took to make me wake the fuck up. In death I found life; I found reasoning, and nothing could drag me away from this life I had. Not fame, not drugs; nothing." ~Jag

I fell in love with Stevie J. Cole's writing when I read her book, Wrong, so when I saw the opportunity to read Jag...I jumped on it! I normally don't read rock star romances, but I am so glad that I read this one! It was more than just a rock star story. It was a well written, emotional journey to sobriety, and a once in a lifetime love. I would definitely recommend this book to fans of Lesley Jones and Ginger Voight. Now...can't wait to start Rush!

♥Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment