Saturday, July 11, 2015

FLAWED LOVE by Bella Jewel : Review by Juls

Flawed Love (House of Obsidian, #2)Flawed Love by Bella Jewel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


**** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange of an honest review ****


4 Stars!


I just finished reading Flawed Heart and I loved it, so I was really looking forward to reading Flawed Love! Once again, the story is written in the past and present format, alternating between the two. I think I'm really starting to enjoy this type of writing more and more. Rainer is in book one as well, but we didn't really get to know too much about him personally. After reading Flawed Love, Rainer is everything I thought he would be. I loved seeing the way he was growing up and now as an adult.

Rainer and Emalie have known each other for a long time. They've been best friends since they were twelve. The beginning starts with them being 17-18 years old and in high school. I loved their friendship. I loved the way they were constantly teasing each other. Rainer of course is a ladies man, and Emalie is more of a tomboy. Rainer has never looked at Emalie as more then a friend, but one night at a party everything changes when he sees her dressed up and on a date. Rainer has a hard time dealing with Emalie dating and starts acting differently towards her. When she confronts him and he says he is scared of losing her, Emalie's response back is perfect!


"You said you were scared of losing me to a man. Well, I have to admit that I'm terrified of the day you fall in love, Rainer Torrence. Because my life without you terrifies me."


Little by little their relationship goes from friends to romance. Everything is going well until Rainer's dad dies, and everything starts to change for the worse. Then all of a sudden, Rainer disappears, and Emalie doesn't know what happened to him. Now, it's 10 years later and he's back in town. Only problem is....he doesn't recognize Emalie when they come face to face.

The relationship between Rainer and Emaile has so many twist and turns. There were times I felt completely sad for Emalie. Not only from the heartache that she had to go through when it came to Rainer, but also his friendship with Pipa. I loved reading their journey together. One of my favorite quotes that made me laugh when they were younger, and brought tears to my eyes when they were older was...


"R is for Rainer, handsome as can be, A, is for asshole, one he can be, I is for idiot, yeah, you know it's true, N is for nerdy, you're a little of that too, E is for energetic, there's no holding you back, R is for rebel, one day I'll fight back."


~Juls


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment