Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Dirty English by Ilsa Madden-Mills: Review by Lys

Dirty EnglishDirty English by Ilsa Madden-Mills
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Clarity happens to all of us when our heart jumps ship, and mine was no different. Something dark slithered around inside me, crawling into the crevices of my soul and suffocating it. Everything I believed about myself...about who I was...about love...unraveled, turning into something dark. Dirty." ~Elizabeth

Elizabeth has rules that she lives by when it comes to men. They must not be too hot, too rich, or have too much money. There is no drinking, no drugs, and she always makes the first move. Most importantly...no dating, no love, and never ever lose control. But when she meets the sexiest man on campus, she finds that control is the hardest rule to keep.

Declan is sensitive, loves fiercely, and is trying to make it on his own. With his future within his grasps, he will stop at nothing to reach it. Women have never understood Declan and have only wanted him for what they see on the outside; a sexy, tatted, underground fighter. After an intimate betrayal, Declan swears off women and focuses on the one place that makes him feel at home...the Front Street Gym. Although, when a chance meeting has Elizabeth standing before him, all reservations are thrown out and Declan begins to see a slightly different future. Problem is...Elizabeth is hell bent on never giving her heart away again.

I really enjoyed Declan and Elizabeth's story. Even though it was centered around dark content, it was surprisingly light and fun. I loved the angst between them and their witty banter. Declan was my favorite when he went into his caveman mode, but then again, I do love a good alpha male. I'm anxious to see if there will be more about Dax. I think there is so much more to his character than we know. I would love a book about his journey to happily ever after. Dirty English was a great book and I would definitely recommend it to readers looking for a well written, slightly emotional, sexy read!

"Loving Declan was like the rain storms I love to dance in. Crazy and unpredictable, sometimes turbulent, sometimes gentle. I didn't know if I was going to be struck by lightning, but one thing was for sure, I wanted him anyway." ~ Elizabeth

♥ Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment