Sunday, October 25, 2015

THE OTHER GAME by J. Sterling ~ Review by Juls

The Other Game (The Perfect Game, #4)The Other Game by J. Sterling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange of an honest review **



4 Stars!


"No matter how big of a jerk Jack could be to girls, to me he was a really great brother. Which was why I hated hearing people talk shit about him. They didn’t know the real him, the great guy underneath the cocky attitude and big-shot bravado.


What I really liked most about this story, was the close relationship that Dean and Jack shared. Throughout the series, you can really tell how close they were. Learning more about their relationship and now getting to hear about it through Dean's POV, just made it that much sweeter! I fell in love with Jack in the previous books and now I have fallen in love with him all over again! Dean and Jack were not just close because they were related; they really were the best of friends. The teasing they constantly did to each other was too funny. I laughed when Jack asked Dean about him and Melissa. Jack was always giving Dean such a hard time...


“What’s the latest with you two?”

“She likes to kiss me,” I said, smiling like a lovesick idiot. “A lot.”

He gave me a disgusted look. “Are you in junior high? What the fuck does that even mean?”

“It just means that anytime that girl will let me kiss her, I’m going to take it. I like her, all right. I just don’t think she really likes me.”

He punched me in the arm. “Kiss her better then, jackass.”

“I kiss her just fine, fuck you very much.”

“Obviously not,” he teased.




Then there were times that I loved when they showed each other how much they really meant to one another. Dean had no problem telling Jack just what he thought of him...



"I never thought I’d ever hear myself say this, but you’re a really good boyfriend.”

“Damn right I am,” he said, giving me a mock snarl before heading into the kitchen to clean up.

“You’re a good brother too,”




In addition to falling more in love with Jack and getting to know more of Dean, I really did appreciate that this book was in Dean's POV. Yes, this story follows book 1, The Perfect Game, pretty closely, but we also get new information and answers to some questions that readers may have been left with after reading book 1. The only thing that I would have liked would have been to read more about the relationship between Dean and Melissa. That being said, it was nice to get reacquainted with Jack Fuck'in Carter and the gang!



~Juls





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment