Friday, October 2, 2015

ONLY YOU by Stephanie Rose : Review by Juls

Only You (A Second Chances Novel)Only You by Stephanie Rose



*** I Love Story Time was gifted an Arc copy in exchange of an honest review ***

4 stars!


I was just thinking that I haven't read a story that has made me cry in awhile. Well, Only You, just changed that! I know I'm weird, but I really like emotional reads! My sister always tells me that if it doesn't rip your heart apart, you won't be interested! Well, that's partly true. This story was sad, however it didn't necessarily rip my heart out. I won't sit here and say I didn't cry. I actually cried a few times. I loved the storyline and it did break my heart. Jack and Paige's relationship was really sweet and refreshing. They were more than just cousins. They loved each other like siblings. Jack's story just brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine what his wife Ellie was going through. That has to be one of the hardest things to go through as a family. The bright part of the story was Evan and Paige's story.

Evan was sweet, like the boy next door kind of sweet. I really liked that about him. He was an all around great guy. He loved Paige so much and was willing to do anything for her. I loved the conversation they had about when he played hockey in his college days.


“You know I may have my old college jersey somewhere at home. I can pretend to be a decent hockey player and you can be the sexy, blonde puck bunny who can’t get enough of my stick.”

“That wouldn’t be role playing for me, now would it? If you want to up the ante, you could maybe pick up a Lundqvist jersey on the way out. I could call you ‘King Henrik’ if you want.”

“You’re lucky I love you.”



I not only liked Evan's playful side, but I also loved his loving side..


“You own me. Can’t you see that? You’re the only one I want.... Only you.



So far I have enjoyed both books from this series! I felt that book 2 was a little more emotional for me, but they were both still really good!


~Juls


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment