Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Summer of Love by Renea Porter : Review by Juls

The Summer of LoveThe Summer of Love by Renea Porter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange of an honest review ***

3.5 Stars


"He was my anchor, and I was his lifesaver."


I will be honest and say that in the beginning, it was hard for me to get into this story. I'm not sure if it was the storyline, the characters, or the writing. For me, the story did move pretty fast. I just felt like I was reading about one thing and then the next minute, it was moving on to something different. For example, Caitlyn meets River and they become friends. Their relationship turns into more but then something happens that changes everything. It all happens really quickly. However, as the story went on I did understand the reasoning behind the beginning events. I now can see that it did have to take place in order for the characters eyes to open and see what has always been right in front of them.

Caitlin and Charlie have been best friends their whole lives. From the beginning, they have always been there for one another until their lives lead them on different paths. Over the years, they keep in contact on and off, but their lives have moved on and out of their close friendship. However, as time progresses, they realize that they are missing their other half; never really feeling complete when they are not together. When they are reunited, their friendship becomes more and they pick up right where they left off. In the end, I felt that this was a cute friends to lovers story. It showed that no matter what happens in a relationship, there is always a second chance and to never give up on what your heart truly wants. Their relationship had its up and downs along with some struggles that they had to over come. I think that by going through those things, it made them that much stronger. I did like them together and I am happy that things ended the way they did!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment